If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident caused by negligence, the Stratford truck accident attorneys at Connolly Brennan Ralabate, PC will fight tirelessly for the financial recovery to which you are entitled. Call our Stratford, Connecticut, office at (203) 493-0093 or contact us through our online form.
We advocate for injured victims in Fairfield County, including Bridgeport, Shelton, Trumbull, Monroe, and any other city or town across the state.
Due to their size and weight, any type of accident with a truck can cause devastating damage and life-changing injuries that no amount of money can make up for. Obtaining compensation from an injury claim can, however, help pay for accident-related expenses and may provide future financial security for you and your family.
Why Our Truck Accident Lawyer is Right For You
- We understand the serious nature of truck accidents and will handle any legal matter related to your claim, as you focus on your recovery.
- Our Stratford injury lawyers put an emphasis on remaining in direct contact with all of our clients from the beginning to the end of their case.
- We cover all upfront costs, even if we must take your case to trial to obtain maximum compensation; and will only get paid once you do.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
Each truck accident has its own unique and complex set of circumstances, that requires a qualified trial lawyer who can:
- Promptly investigate the accident
- Preserve evidence and consult with accident reconstruction experts
- Consider the applicable trucking laws
- Evaluate the economic impact of the victim’s injury or death
After an accident, most trucking companies and their insurers will send an investigator to the accident scene immediately and attempt to blame the other driver. When this happens, you need a truck accident attorney that is in your corner, protecting your right to compensation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are commonly caused by:
- Insufficient driver training
- Poor maintenance of trucks
- Aggressive and reckless driving
- Mechanical defects
- Weather conditions or poor visibility
- Overweight, dangerous, or incorrectly secured cargo
- Reckless driving
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Bad road conditions
- Overinflated or underinflated tires
While most truck drivers and truck companies are dedicated to safety, some truck accidents are entirely preventable. When negligence occurs, you may be able to file an insurance or a civil claim.
Available Damages Following a Truck Accident
After a serious truck accident, you may be qualified to recover:
- Medical Expenses: The medical care and treatment for a serious injury can be extremely costly, and may involve hospitalizations, surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing care. Our accident attorneys in Stratford will make sure that your past, present and future medical bills get paid.
- Lost Wages: This includes wages you may have lost in the past and reasonable wages that you may be expected to lose in the future.
- Pain and Suffering: Intangible or non-economic damages, which are generally intended to compensate for any psychological harm and loss of quality of life caused by the accident.
- Punitive Damages: In certain cases of serious wrongdoing, punitive damages may be awarded to the victim, as a punishment to the at-fault party.
Have You Been Injured In A Connecticut Truck Accident?
If so, you need to speak with an experienced Stratford truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Stratford office directly at (203) 493-0093 to schedule your free consultation.